31 October 2015

9 Halloween Costumes from Movies I Love



Groundhog Day


"I told you, call me Bronco." 
(Yes. I realize that it's not Halloween, but that didn't stop Murray and Ramis from going there.) 

American Splendor


"Listen, lady, I'm Harvey Pekar. Just a kid from the neighborhood. I'm not a supherhero." 

Philadelphia


"I'm a lawsuit."

Mean Girls


"Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it."

To Kill a Mockingbird


"Thus began our longest journey together." 

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial


Best Costume Ever. One of the great cinematic shots of all-time. No quote needed.

The Karate Kid


And the parallels to...

Donnie Darko


Richard Kelly is a genius who never got his due. This is how I feel about it: 


"Frank was here. Went to get beer." 

Happy Halloween!!!

9 comments:

  1. Great post! The To Kill a Mockingbird pick is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mean Girls scene, and it is so true. Now it is with tutus. I also like Reese Witherspoon in the bunny outfit, although I don't think that it for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. LOL!!! To Kill a Mockingbird...Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete